Women take care of others. They care for their spouses and significant others, their children and sometimes even their parents. Staying fit and healthy requires women to take care of themselves.
Here are 10 tips for women to get fit and healthy:
- Eat a Balanced Diet. Try eating 5 or 6 small meals a day instead of 3 large meals. Don’t skip breakfast. Don’t skip any meals. Eat every 2.5 to 3 hrs to keep your metabolism and energy levels up. This will prevent binge eating, and it’s easier to make healthy food choices when you’re not starving.
- Drink Plenty of Water. Drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day hydrates the body and flushes impurities out of the system. Water aids in digestion and is also a natural diuretic for reducing water weight gain..
- Increase Physical Activity. If you haven’t exercised for a long time, start by taking a 15 minute walk. Increase by 5 minutes a day or every other day until you’re walking at least 30 minutes at a time. This is great for increasing your metabolism, aids in digestion and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease and other diseases associated with a sedentary lifestyle. Once you start feeling the effects of exercise, you’ll want to start doing other activities..
- Take Vitamins and Supplements. There is some debate about whether vitamins and supplements actually do any good, but most people agree that they feel better when taking vitamins. It is very hard to get the necessary Calcium and other vitamins essential to good health just from food, even when eating a healthy balanced diet. Calcium is essential for preventing osteoporosis. Taking a multi-vitamin and a calcium supplement in addition to a healthy diet is usually sufficient to getting adequate vitamins and minerals..
- Relax. Stress has been linked to many illnesses and causes women to age prematurely. Many women lead very stressful lives, so it’s important to take time to relax. Take a nice luxurious bath, read a book, listen to music, go dancing. Find something that not only relaxes you during the activity, but will last for a while. .
- Say Cheez. Keeping your teeth and mouth healthy is important for your overall health. Having good breath and a beautiful smile is also good for self-esteem. Visit your dentist regularly for good oral hygiene..
- Get Your Annual Exam. Make sure you visit your gynecologist every year to get a pap smear, breast exam and make sure there are no issues. Women over 40 should also have a Mammogram. All women should exam their breasts regularly. Do self-exams every month to make sure there are no changes in your breasts..
- Sex in the City. Practice safe sex. Use condoms to prevent sexually transmitted diseases. Some diseases will kill you and some just stay with you forever. If the guy won’t wear a condom, don’t have sex with him. Put your health and safety first..
- Control Your Vices. Smoking is bad for your health, so quit. Do whatever it takes to kick that habit. Reduce the amount of alcohol you drink. Smoking and drinking will age you prematurely, and cause health issues as you get older. Having a glass of wine with dinner is not a problem. In fact, there may be benefits to having a glass of red wine every day. That doesn’t mean drink the whole bottle..
- Skip the Tan. Use sunscreen or better yet, use sunblock to prevent the effects from the harmful rays of the sun. Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes and hats to protect your face. Overexposure to the sun causes skin cancer and premature wrinkles. The best thing to prevent wrinkles is to protect your skin from the sun. Tanning beds are no better. A tanning bed is a human toaster. Think about the skin damage caused by toasting your skin. There are many sunless tanning products on the market that will give you a beautiful tan without damaging your skin..
Women need to learn to take care of themselves and make their health and fitness a priority. Taking care of others doesn’t mean neglecting oneself. Follow the steps above and you’ll feel healthier, happier and able to handle all your responsibilities.