I bet you not even a single girl would like to have periods and that's so damn true. With women not loving to have periods, it's even more frustrating when you face a delay or irregularity in having them. Mostly women's menstrual cycle ranges from 21 to 35 days of interval and the period lasts between 2-5 days. But some women face the problem of erratic periods, where they start to menstruate before 21 days or much after 35 days. So here are some reasons for irregular periods that all women should know of.
Losing or gaining a lot of weight, depression, lack of sleep, stress, intense dieting, changes in exercising, or other things that mess up your daily routine can be reasons for irregular periods. The best way to handle this is to balance your lifestyle as it will help in regulating your periods. Take less stress; consume healthy food to help yourself.
Age is considered as a major factor in regulating period cycles. It takes years for the period cycle to become regular after getting periods for the first time in pubescent girls. It starts regularly after the girl's puberty ends. The period cycle of women become irregular between the ages of 40 to 45 as they are nearing menopause.
If you have been fitted IUD or with birth control pill then you may face the problem of irregularity in periods during initial days. The IUD may cause heavy bleeding which might be extremely painful. While the contraceptive pills causes irregularity due to its oestrogen and progestin components. Hence if you go on your pills, your periods might be irregular after six months.
All the girls might be going through a deep pain during periods and I can totally understand how it feels. Many of us are mostly going through frequent mood changes and discomfort and the major headache is menstrual cramps. So to avoid all these painful things, I have some bedtime habits that will make your period so much bearable.
- Our body temperature rises on these days, I hope many of us might not know it and this happens to due to the sudden change in the hormonal level. So keep you bedroom temperature cool as it will make you sleep peacefully.
- Try eating light food before going to bed as eating a heavy meal can lead to nausea and indigestion.
- Try to go to bed on a fixed time during these days.
- If you are facing menstrual cramp problems then take a long hot water shower before going to bed.
- The quality of your sleep depends on your sleeping positions. No matter how much you love sleeping on your stomach, try to sleep on your side or your back during your period. These positions are known to lower the chances of the occurrence of period cramps during the night.
Many of us have a question whether to have sex while menstruating or not. A lot of men find it gross and reasons are still unknown and let me tell you periods are not gross. It's just blood coming out of the vagina. So here is the common question which arrives in our mind, period sex – yeah or naah?.
It Eases The Cramps:
Cramps are one of the major reasons for mood swings. A woman very much sexually aroused than usual during this time. Having sex during periods can help reduce your menstrual cramps. So enjoy your time with your hubby.
No Lube Required:
A girl's vagina is already lubricated due to the blood so you don't need a lubricant to get it going. It is a good idea to make love during periods because the pleasure sensitivity rises around the 3rd day. The estrogen levels are low on the first day.