In a laymen language an end of a pregnancy is known as an abortion. If a woman doesn't want to carry forward a pregnancy for any reason, she can go for option of medical abortion to end pregnancy. There are different types of medical abortions which can help in removing the fetus placenta from the mother's womb (uterus).
- Medical abortion, which includes use of certain pills to end an unwanted pregnancy,
- Therapeutic medical abortion to be chosen in case of certain health conditions of mother,
- Elective abortion in which a woman to elects to end the pregnancy because of any reasons, and
- Surgical method of abortion to end a pregnancy.
It is completely a different kind of medical condition than a miscarriage. Abortion is self chosen way to end pregnancy whereas a miscarriage is natural end of pregnancy due to any internal or external reason before the 20th week.
According to medical literature a medical, or nonsurgical, abortion is the end of pregnancy to be conducted in first trimester (within 7 weeks) of pregnancy. For this purpose a combination of prescription hormonal medications are introduced in the female to remove the fetus and placenta tissue. The facility to buy abortion pills online provides a comparatively cheap method to conduct abortion. This method facilitates a patient to get an abortion at home without going under knife. These medications should be used under supervision of a medical expert after a physical examination of patient.
Some of the substances that are generally that are generally used for the purpose include mifepristone, methotrexate, misoprostol, prostaglandins, or a combination of these medicines. Consumer can also easily buy these kinds of abortion kits online.
Medical abortion may be considered as the abortion method when:
- The fetus is not healthy or has some defect or genetic problem.
- The pregnancy is not good for the health of mother.
- The pregnancy is the unwanted result of any traumatic event such as rape.
- The female is not willing to be pregnant (elective abortion).
The complete safety of using abortion kit to end an unwanted pregnancy is still a point of discussion. The risks factors associated with it can't be overlooked completely. There are some risks associated with it such as:
- Continued bleeding
- Incomplete abortion which can make surgery necessary
Before electing abortion using pills procedure there are few points that should be considered:
- Abortion is a very personal decision. To help weigh your decision, consult with a counselor or health care provider, or a family member about your feelings.
- After making decision you will be asked to undergo a pelvic examination to confirm the pregnancy and its maturation period.
- HCG blood test is also suggested many a times to confirm the pregnancy.
- Vaginal or abdominal ultrasound is also an option to determine the exact age of the fetus and its location in the womb.